By filling out this field you are agreeing to the disclosure
In the event of a covered claim, your policy requires that you take steps to mitigate your loss and prevent further damage. Under a covered claim, these expenses are reimbursable, up to the policy limit. To mitigate your loss, please follow the steps below. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-579-0652.
If Water Damage:
Turn off the main water supply to the property
- Pump all excess water from the property
- Remove any wet carpet
- Cut & remove any wet drywall approx 12” above highest point of moisture
- Remove any wet insulation
- Save any damaged pipe for the adjuster
- Place multiple fans to circulate on wet areas for drying
If Vandalism or Theft:
Secure the structure and cover any roof damage
- Board up all ground-level windows and doors
- Use OSB cut to the size of the opening & utilize T-25 screws
- Complete claim form in its entirety
- Provide pictures of the entire property including the following: Exterior – all sides
Interior – all rooms even those that are not affected by claim including the basement
- Make sure to include the HVAC system, electrical panel & plumbing
- Submit all receipts for incurred expenses pertinent to loss
- Provide two estimates from contractors for repairs as soon as possible.
Time is of the essence; therefore do not delay mitigating the loss. Send all pertinent information you have relating to the loss. We are here to help!
Please note that any policy changes, additions, deletions or endorsements are not effective until confirmed in writing by the realprotect team.